Week 07: Film and New Media
Class Task and Information
- Lesson 01:
- Students should be completing the following sections of their assignment this lesson
- Justification of how the identified sitcom scene meets the genre and requirements of the topic. (approx. 100 to 200 words)
- Create a persona profile for the audience and the demographics and characteristics your sitcom is targeted towards. (Recommended 2 profiles to allow contrast)
- Complete the first 2 sections of your assignment. Ensure you look back at previous lessons for ideas and points to discuss.
- Remember to be actively working on year story boards for homework.
- Lesson 02:
- Students are to answer the following Focus Question:
- How the scene uses technical and symbolic codes and conventions to create specific purposes and meaning.
- Students are to canalise and discuss how Media Codes of Symbolic and Technical are used within their selected sitcom scene.
- Answer the question:
- Outline how the sitcom uses the story conventions to organise ideas, to structure stories through media conventions, and demonstrates awareness of responsible media practices.
- Remember to break the question down into sections and answer using identifiable examples from your sitcom.
Readings / Homework