Week 01: Film and New Media
Class Task and Information
- Lesson 01:
- Lesson lost Due to Student Free Day
- Lesson 02:
- What will you need this semester?
- You will need your own SD card 16 or 32Gb
- Writing materials and writing book (you have treatments, scripts, story boards to develop)
- Charged laptop - to edit and transfer media
- Willingness to work hard and be creative
- Design equipment
- Highlighters (3 colours - try to get pastels as they are more effective)
- 2b + H Pencils + sharpener + eraser (line drawing then inked)
- Black felt tip pen (2 sizes for thin and heave lines)
- Red and Blue pencil for motion
- Ensure you arrive to lesson prepared to work:
- Home work completed by 8:30 that morning (submissions via myFlinders)
- You will need to take images of physical work to document your learning and place in SWT
- Have all equipment ready + Diary
- Laptop charged for lesson
- Correct uniform
- You will be required to use the out of class page if you leave the room
- Students will be completing their checklist and sign off over the next few lessons while we are working on pre-production techniques.
- Storyboards and their function in video medium
- Drawing Short-cuts - Star Man
- Introduction presentation
- Introduction to Storyboard - visual communication
- Video Tutorial Files -= What to Do =-
- You will need to view the video file and stop it along the way so you can implement, do what the video files shows you. You need to keep a record of your attempts to show progress and development.
- Remember: Information + Action = KNOWLEDGE
- Remember ALWAYS to save your work as you go and scan or photograph your physical work!!
- Class video tutorial #1: Students are to view and copy the drawing short-cuts presented in the training materials
- Task 01:
- Convert the following EMOJI facial images to a storyboard drawing as if they were to represent people:
- note: love is represented with wide eyes and eyelids and eyebrows help set emotion.
- Remember to keep a copy of your sketches as a reference and proof of your endeavour grade.
- Task 02:
- Convert 4 of your drawings into a set of Star-men to demonstrate emotion.
Readings / Homework
- Complete all set work and ensure you keep a record for your endeavour grades.
- Place images of your work in SWT under a folder called Week01