Week 03: Film and New Media
Class Task and Information
- Lesson 01:
- Analyse Media Codes and Conventions in TV commercials.
- Apply Symbolic Codes and Story Conventions to TV commercials.
- Developing Pitch for target clients
- Task 01:
- Performance standards and Success Criteria review of 0:30 Coca-Cola Energy
- As a class we will look at random responses for each question and perform an autopsy
- Students will be required to write down their new responses and highlight key performance standards
- At the end of this section, students will have am opportunity to identify and set personal goals in preparation for assessment.
- Task 02:
- US Commercial mega feast on Superbowl 2020
- Students are to make a list of the different types of commercials presented in the Superbowl compilation.
- Lesson 02:
- Create a Mood Board for a Hero
- To create an effective Pitch you will need to create a visual reference point. This visual reference point is commonly know as a Mood Board. This will help you connect your audience (in this case the client) with visual markers for your verbal presentation.
- The Mood Board is make up of images that helps identify key elements of your narrative or Pitch. This will include such elements of the Symbolic Codes focusing on Setting, Mise En Scene, Actors and colour. The aim of all Mood Boards is to support and highlight the hero, make is stand out amongst populated industry and most of all, connect with the intended audience.
- Video Tutorial Files -= Performance Criteria=-
- You will need to view the video file and stop it along the way so you can implement, do what the video files shows you or take notes of the key point you will need to remember.
- Remember: Information + Action = KNOWLEDGE
- Remember to save or record your work as you go.
- Task 1:
- Write down 3 products that can be used for a Mood Board and Pitch.
- Hand these to Mr Marsden for random selection
- Task 02:
- Select a random Hero from the container.
- Mr Marsden will collect and distribute
- Remember not to destroy the paper
- Task 03:
- Students are to create a Mood Board for the random Hero they have selected from the container.
- Print out your Mood Board and paste this into your Film and New Media Book.
- Task 04:
- Have a look at other students work in the class.
- Review and discuss their Mood Boards and see if they meet the success criteria
- Collect 2 other Mood Boards from around the class and add these to your folder.
- Lesson 03:
Readings / Homework
- Lesson 3 Homework:
- Create a MP3 recording of your pitch. (maximum of 60 seconds). This can be done with QuickTime and an audio recording. Remember to turn on your Mic!!
- Place a copy of your MP3 and screen shot of your mood board in the myFlinders submission container.
- Students to revise for their test Wednesday Week 5.