Week 04: Game Development and Psychology
Class Task and Information
- Lesson 01:
- Develop a framework for Psycological game greview
- Review of previous lessons Psychology Lectures:
- Lesson 02:
- Game Addiction True or False
- Introduction to your Key Assessment Task (KAT):
- Game Addiction
- Google: Video game addiction is described as an impulse control disorder, which does not involve use of an intoxicating drug and is very similar to pathological gambling. Video game addiction has also been referred to as video game-overuse, pathological or compulsive/excessive use of computer games and/or video games.
- Focus Questions
- In your opinion, does game addictions exist? Why / Why not.
- What are levels of safe technology / game engagement?
- What indicators would be present to identify someone who is game addicted?
- Create a time table for a normal student in year 9 that shows balance with gaming
- Include wake and sleep times
- School lesson time
- Travel time (to and from school)
- Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Family time (dinner, sibling sport etc)
Time to select a potentual game for your Assignment.
Game review help sheet
Readings / Homework