Week 04: Web page Design and Development
Class Task and Information
- Lesson 01:
- Lesson 02:
- Lesson 03:
- Lesson 04:
- Review of the first 4 Weeks.
- What is our road map forward?
- Introduction to your assessment task#1
- Task 01:
- Introduction To Adobe XD - Developing Low and High Fidelity Application Designs
- Task 01:
- Students are to log onto Self Service and download Adobe XD
- Learning objective 01: File naming conventions
- Files should be named consistently
- File names should be short but descriptive (<25 characters)
- Avoid special characters or spaces in a file name
- Use capitals and underscores instead of periods or spaces or slashes
- Use date format YYYYMMDD
- Include a version number
- 20200101AdobeXD01 (year, month, day, file name, version number)
- T01W01L01AdobeXD_T02 (Term 01, Week 01, Lesson 01, file name, task number)
- Remember to be consistent and ordered in your file naming conventions.
- Task 02: Introduction to Adobe XD tutorial and orientation.
- Video Tutorial Files -= What to Do =-
- You will need to view the video file and stop it along the way so you can implement, do what the video files shows you.
- Remember: Information + Action = KNOWLEDGE
- Remember to save your work as you go. Use versioning to name your progressing saves.
- Tutorial 01: What is UI vs UX - User Interface vs User Experience 2:08
- Tutorial 02: Why Adobe XD (eXperience Design) 5:39
- Moving from Photoshop and Sketch
- The Adobe Eco-System
- Multi-platform software
- Built for UI/UX design
- Interactive Prototype
- Tutorial 03: Adobe XD interface overview 12:49
- Apple Menu Bar
- Top Horizontal panel (Design and Prototype mode, Zoom Drop Down Menu, Device Preview Feature, Desktop Preview)
- Toolbar (Select Tool, Square, ellipse, line, text tool, art board tool etc)
- Right screen panel
- Tutorial 04: Adobe XD Short-cuts 6:37
- Students are to view and review the tutorials and apply the skills/tools in a creative way to create a basic web page layout.
Readings / Homework
- Students are to complete all set programming tasks and have Adobe XD installed ready for next week's lessons.