Week 05: Game Psychology, Design and Development
Class Task and Information
- Game Addiction True or False
- Game Addiction
- Google: Video game addiction is described as an impulse control disorder, which does not involve use of an intoxicating drug and is very similar to pathological gambling. Video game addiction has also been referred to as video game-overuse, pathological or compulsive/excessive use of computer games and/or video games.
- Focus Questions
- In your opinion, does game addictions exist? Why / Why not.
- What are levels of safe technology / game engagement?
- What indicators would be present to identify someone who is game addicted?
- Create a time table for a normal student in year 9 that shows balance with gaming
- Include wake and sleep times
- School lesson time
- Travel time (to and from school)
- Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Family time (dinner, sibling sport etc)
- Lesson 02:
- Researching the psychology of gaming
- Introduction to your Key Assessment Task (KAT)
- Recordings can be:
- Narrated Powerpoint
- Screen Cast using a mixture of websites and YouTube
- Recorded Presentation
- Mixture of Screen Cast and Presentation
- Example game reviews:
- Game Review Criteria (develop a Google doc template)
Readings / Homework
- Complete all set work and ensure that evidence is placed in share with teacher.
- Students are to organise and arrange a list of criteria and indicators to review the Recount and Psychology of a game.
- Year9ICT_GameDev-CoverSheet AR