Week 04: Game Psychology, Design and Development
Class Task and Information
- Lesson 01:
- Tutorial 01: Unity - Animating rotation of a game objects
- Task 01 - Implement (make) the tutorial with one rotating cube that spins on the x, y and z axis
- Task 02 - Add a second cube and have this cube spin the in the opposite direction from the original. Note you will need to do an inverse of the speeds.
- Task 03 - Add multiple Game Objects and have them rotate. Apply colour materials to these objects.
- Tutorial 02: Unity Images as Textures and Materials
- Task 01 - Implement (make) the tutorial. Remember to make a folder and store all images for later use.
- Task 02 - Create a play area with the ground made from seamless grass texture.
- Task 03 - Using task 02, create a fence / wall around the play area. Try to make pillars on the corners.
- Extension Task - Create a cabin or house or cave structure that some charter could use and place in the centre of task 03.
- Take an image of your final creation and upload this to share with teacher so I can see. Remember to include the hierarchy.
- Lesson 02:
- Tutorial 01: Unity First Person Character Controller
- FPS controller - how to install and run around.
- Video Tutorial Files -= What to Do =-
- You will need to view the video file and stop it along the way so you can implement, do what the video files shows you.
- Remember: Information + Action = KNOWLEDGE
- Remember to save your work as you go.
Asset Package link: Google Drive Download Standard Assets 2018 -Right Click - Save link as.
- --------- NOTE: You will need to update 3 Files to have it run in 2019.4.1f1 or later. --------
- You can download the standard assets from the Unity store for free - https://assetstore.unity.com/packages...
- Download the fix files for 2019.4.1f1 or later. https://github.com/johnathanhales/Uni...
- Students are to explore the different characters and look at camera position and placement.
- Tutorials 02: Terrain in 2019
- Students are to create an environment in a new 3D project that includes:
- Take a small screen recording demonstrating your creation and use of the tools. Please the video in share with teacher for checking.
- Lesson 03:
Terrain Creating Environments
Readings / Homework