Week 03: Game Psychology, Design and Development
Class Task and Information
- Lesson 01:
- Introduction To Unity Development environment
- Managing objects in a 3D environment
- Creating materials to colourise and texturise objects
- Video Tutorial Files -= What to Do =-
- You will need to view the video file and stop it along the way so you can implement, do what the video files shows you.
- Remember: Information + Action = KNOWLEDGE
- Remember to save your work as you go.
- Tutorial 01: How to Create a New Project in Unity 2020
- Activity: Students are to set the parameters and start a new 3D project
- Tutorial 02: Unity game development - introduction and starting point
- Students are to view the UI explanation and orientation. This tutorial is from 2018 (little outdated)
- Know how to access the main areas of the Developer tools and panels.
- Create some simple 3D objects on the page.
- Tutorial 03: Unity Changing Colours of Materials
- Complete the tutorial and create some materials that you can use to colourise objects in this project.
- Task to be given out in class.
- Remember to send me a copy of your sports field (Volleyball, Soccer, Hockey, basketball etc). There can be an issue drawing an arc and you may have to use a series of circles to make the field. Use Materials to make it stand out. This is due tomorrow morning. (follow tutorials 1 and 2)
- Upload the images of your solution to:
- Lesson 02:
- Skills Task - time to create:
- Create your own character in a 2d or 3d environment.
- Create the head, body, legs, arms, etc by applying the use of the hierarchy.
- Basic Car
- Building with windows
- Lego Duck
- or Negotiate with your teacher
- Take an image of your final creation and upload this to share with teacher so I can see. Remember to include the hierarchy.
Readings / Homework
- Complete all set tasks.
Ensure that all solutions are placed in SWT (Share With Teacher)