Week 09: Game Psychology, Design and Development
Class Task and Information
- Lesson 01:
- This is WAR!!
- Sega's Genesis console and its speedy new character, Sonic, hit the market. Electronic Arts kicks off a partnership with football legend John Madden. (Link to episode) - High Score This is War
- Emulator Online is all about retro games emulated within your browser. We want our visitors to be able to play and discuss all the retro Game Boy, Super Nintendo, Nintendo, Neo Geo, and Sega console games online.
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- The first Sonic game, released in 1991 for the Sega Genesis, was developed after Sega requested a mascot character to compete with Nintendo's mascot Mario. Its success helped Sega become one of the leading video game companies during the 16-bit era of the early 1990s.
- Esports: The most rings Vs Points?
- Set up a class competition - What are the rules?
- Lesson 02:
- What are the different ways of setting up a competition for the class? How can you make a draw?
- Lets compete - Class competition.
- Lesson 03:
- Esports - Class competition
- Task 01: Set the class draw
- Establish the player list and the competition leader-board.
- Arrange room and desks for competition
- Task 02: Set the rules for the competition
- Top 4 finals
- Speed run, Number of Rings or Total Points
- Warm-up time and getting ready
- Students will play rounds until the competition has a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- Possible change of game.
Readings / Homework
- Practice for Esports competition.