Week 05: Design Technologies and Materials
Class Task and Information
- Lesson 01:
- Lesson lost due to IAAS tests
- Lesson 02:
- Lost due to sports day
- Lesson 03:
- Splicing Wires (Pigtail, Inline, Hook)
- Introduction to Arduino Boards
- Arduino coding language
- Non-Prac Students
- Task 01: Blinkie - the code controlled light
- Build the following circuit using the Arduino R3 and Breadboard
- You will also require a 50 ohm or 220 ohm resistor
- Coding Arduino:
- Select Code from the top menu bar next to Start Simulator
- Change from Block Coding to Text Coding
- Change the pinMode 13 to the corresponding Arduino Board pin number e.g. 9
- Remember that 1000 = 1 second
- Make adjustments to the delay by changing this to 500, 200, 100, 50 etc
- Task 02: Emergency Lights
- Alter the code to allow the lights to flash red and blue like the emergency lights on vehicles.
- You will need to create a new LED and connect this to a new output pin with a resistor.
- Make sure you declare the new pin and make appropriate adjustments to your code to get this to work.
- Task 03: Push button - turn light on
- Create a program that will allow a button to be pushed, detect that the button is pushed and then turn the LED on while the button is pressed.
- Note: this circuit has a voltage pull down circuit.
- Task 04: Fading LED
- Use the following code to develop a prototype of a fading LED where it will dim when activated by reducing the voltage. Remember that LED have a Maximum voltage and an Operational Voltage:
- Splicing Wire Practicals
- Students are to create one example of each splice and submit for assessment.