Guidelines for groups:
Have respect for each other.
- Respect each other’s ideas
- Respect the other group members
- Don’t interrupt each other
- Everyone’s opinion should count
- Be honest with each other
All group members should do an equal amount of work.
- Everyone should share the responsibility of the tasks
- Don’t take over and don’t let others take over
Your group should have a common understanding of goals that need to be achieved.
- Help each other to understand all concepts
Be open to compromise.
- Be willing to cooperate with others on their ideas
- Keep an open mind
- Vote on disagreements
- Ask for advice from your teacher to remove deadlocks
- Make sure everyone is able to be vocal about their ideas and problems
- Give ideas no matter how “off” you may think they are
- Listen effectively
- Don’t be critical
- Attend and arrive on time to all group meetings
- Be flexible about meeting times
- Keep on task (limit talk about non-related events)
Be happy in the group you are in - Mr Marsden can make changes.