Week 03: IDEAS - Design Technology
Class Task and Information
- Lesson 01:
- Developing team skills
- Communication and decision making processes in a practical challenges
- Task 01:
- Random Group Generator (Class will split at random into 5 groups
- Students are to establish their learning environment for 5 teams.
- Task 02: Provocation
- You have been asked to develop a marble game to help young students develop spacial awareness and hand eye coordination. The task is to be challenging for the young player and ensure there are multiple pathways to success and various challenges.
- You are to use the Design, Make and Review cycle of the innovation process to meet the criteria of the provocation.
- Note there is a 25 minute time frame to meet the requirements of the client
- You are limited to:
- 1 Cardboard box
- 1 Marble
- 10 paddle pop sticks for initials
- 1 set of Scissors
- 2m if masking tape
- Class Solutions
- Lesson 02:
- Safety in the workplace - On Guard
- Today we are learning why we reflect on our work and approach in IDEAS.
- We are looking for IDEAS students who can think about their work and their approach to continuously improve upon it.
- Task 01: Reflection Questions
- Did your team meet the goal Y/N?
- What was the success that you are most proud of?
- What is one thing your group could improve on?
- If you could do this again, using dot points, how would you approach the task again?
- Describe two reasons why we will always reflect on our work in IDEAS.
- Task 02: Safety in the workplace - On Guard (Mr M to present power-point)