Week 15: Wicked Problem 1 - Goal 4: Quality Education
Class Task and Information
- Lesson 01: Introduction to Assignment Presentation at eXpo - Due Week 8
- Identifying and refining your Wicked Problem
- Possible topics to reflect upon:
- App for students with no teachers
- Educational Materials (Devices and physical Resources) for developing countries
- Connectivity - data pipes and solutions - connection to education
- Fundamental things people should know - Educational Content
- Software to teach student without schools
- Any Others
- Individual Work: (you have 10 minutes to complete this task)
- Working by yourself, select or develop your possible topic your could research and educate, inform or share at the eXpo
- What information do you know currently?
- What are you looking at producing as an end result?
- What are the 3 key focal points of your possible topic?
- Pair and Share
- Work with another person and share your plan and rough ideas for your Functional Design and requirements plans. Are you educating, informing or creating?
- Discuss the way you are addressing the Wicked Problem
- Outline the key points you would like to Present / Pitch and how it will improve the end user experience (UX)
- Compare milestones and your approach to development / implementation for the eXpo
- For your topic and idea, perform a SWOT analysis of your topic/question looking at:
- Threats / problems
Hand your group information to Mr Marsden - All the notes so far this lesson.
- Crate a treatment outlining the following points:
- Topic for the Wicked Problem - What you are focused on.
- Who is in your group (maximum of 2)
- How you are going to present your IDEA at he eXpo?
- How does this address the Wicked Problem?
- Who is your intended audience for your outcome (podcast, vidcast, poster, presentation etc..)?
- What are your milestones (from start to finish) to achieve your product?
- Students (in their group) are to research and construct their treatment.
- Lesson 02:
Introduction to Assignment Presentation at eXpo
- Students are to hand in their treatment at the end of this lesson.
Readings / Homework
- Complete SWOT Analysis and hand in preliminary research.
- Hand in Treatment
during the 2nd lesson this week.